1. Browse our list of available opportunities on the careers home page or on Trademe. We also list vacancies in the Education Gazette.
2. Once you’ve found a role you like: please apply via the Trademe advertisement or email your details to the contact listed on the Gazette advertisement.
3. If we would like to talk further about your application: you will be invited to complete a Bear Park Application for Employment Form.
4. Initial introductory phone call: this is a great opportunity to ask some questions of your own about the role.
5. In-person interview: interviews take about one hour and are a two-way discussion where you are free to ask lots of questions and investigate whether the role is a good fit for you.
6. Practical observational interview: a mutually beneficial process where you have an opportunity to demonstrate your teaching talents in a natural setting with us during a morning session.
- Take time to craft a Curriculum Vitae and personal cover letter before sending us your application. It should accurately reflect who you are and note your experience relevant to the role.
- Your cover letter should be detailed, specific to Bear Park, and no longer than one page. We want to hear about why you’d like to work with us, future career aspirations (relative to education) and what strengths you could bring to the role.
- For a little more information before applying for a position, you are most welcome to call the centre that is advertising, and ask some informal questions of your own about the role or environment. They’ll be happy to help!
Note: We are required to undertake a minimum of two reference checks, a Police Check and a full qualification check.